The road to Neymar Jr’s Five World Final in Pakistan starts from March with the registrations process followed by Qualifiers in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad and Peshawar; ultimately one team from Pakistan will participate at the World Finals in Brazil.
The second edition of Neymar Jr’s Five returns to Pakistan targeting four cities; Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar (April 14, 15, 16) and Islamabad (April 21, 22, 23). After the Qualifiers Round four teams from four cities will then compete on the 23rd of April in Islamabad at the National Finals with the hope to represent Pakistan at the World Finals in Brazil (July 2017).
Neymar Jr’s Five made an instant impact in its debut year in 2016, with more than 10,000 teams and 65,000 players in 47 countries, including Pakistan, vying for overall victory in the world’s biggest five-a-side football tournament. This time it will be bigger than ever, with regional qualifiers in 53 countries, including Pakistan. The teams will set out with the hope of making it all the way from the qualifiers, to their national final and on to the World Final in July 2017, at the InstitutoProjeto Neymar Jr in Praia Grande, Brazil.
One can simply participate in the tournament by registering the team at www.neymarjrsfive.com. Neymar Jr’s Five is the Brazilian forward’s signature football tournament which pits two 5-a-side teams in 10-minute matches,
Neymar Jr’s Five provides a unique challenge to players the world over, inspired by the street football Neymar Jr himself grew up playing. The Barcelona and Brazil forward cannot wait to see a new season of this remarkable tournament kick off. “I always played with my friends, using small goals.” he said. “The tournament reminds me of my childhood and I am very proud of it. To win the five-a-side games and outplay them all, you need strategy and a good understanding of what the best moment is to attack and defend. A good defense is very important as well and can bring your team very far in the tournament.”
Neymar Jr’s Five fact file:
• 10,000 teams took part in the first edition in 2016
• Ghosts FC from Peshawar were crowned Neymar Jr’s Five Pakistan Champion 2016 and represented Pakistan at the World Finals in Brazil last year
• Altogether, more than 65,000 players were registered worldwide
• Tournaments took place in a total of 47 countries in 6 continents
• Regional winners go through to their national final. National winners go through to the Neymar Jr’s Five World Final.
• The 2016 final took place at the InstitutoProjeto Neymar Jr in Praia Grande, Brazil
• The 2016 World Champions were ‘Anjos da Bola’ – Angels of the Ball – aged 20-22 from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
• The 2017 final will again be played at the home of the Neymar Jr at InstitutoProjeto Neymar Jr in July
About Neymar Jr’s Five
Neymar Jr’s Five is the Brazilian forward’s signature football tournament – and a truly global phenomenon. Across six continents and more than 50 countries, five-a-side teams battle it out in 10-minute matches with a twist. Every time one team scores, the opposition loses a player, which makes it fast, technical, tactical – and unique in the world of football. More than 65,000 players from 47 countries signed up to play in the first year of Neymar Jr’s Five and 2017 promises to be even bigger. This year’s tournament is open to teams of five to seven players aged 16 to 25, and for the first time two over-aged players are allowed in the squad. The teams will set out with the hope of making it all the way from the qualifiers, to their national final and on to the World Final in July 2017, at the InstitutoProjeto Neymar Jr in Praia Grande, Brazil. Sign your team up now – and who knows, you could soon be playing on Neymar Jr’s home turf. Dare to dream, and outplay them all!
About Neymar Jr’s Five Pakistan 2017
The second edition of Neymar Jr’s Five kicks-off in Pakistan as per the following timelines:
– Registrations open: March 31, 2017
– Registrations close: April 12, 2017
– Qualifiers Round in Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar: April 14, 15, 16; 2017
– Qualifier Round in Islamabad: April 21, 22, 23; 2017
– National Finals (Islamabad): April 23; 2017